Contests Page Last Updated: 08 Nov 2022
organises a number of contests throughout the year, with trophies & plaques
awarded to winning stations. These will be presented at the A.G.M. A list of
current contests and rules are available via the links below. Contest forms
are also available there.
While competing in W.A.B.
Contests, members are encouraged to give all their W.A.B. information at
regular intervals during the contests.
There are four trophies awarded for W.A.B. contests:
- The Norman Marshall G1NTW Trophy for the leading single operator entrant in the 50Mhz contest
- The Len Harvey G3ONT Trophy for the leading club station in the 160m Contest
- A trophy for the leading single operator entrant of the 144 MHz Low Power Contest
- A trophy for the leading single operator entrant of the 144 MHz QRO Contest
In addition to the main contests we also have three cumulative contests in which the results of a year's contests are summed as follows:
- 1st Place - 10 points
- 2nd Place - 8 points
- 3rd Place - 6 points
- 4th Place - 4 points
- 5th Place - 2 points
The points are cumulative for all contests over the calendar year.
The three contests are:
- The President's Trophy for single operator stations
- The Keith Robson, GM3VTY, Memorial Trophy for club stations and multi-operator stations
- The G3ABG Trophy for mobile stations in all contests
We also have two cumulative contests for which the results of the three LF contests (1.8 MHz, 3.5 MHz and 7.0 MHz) are summed as above.
The two contests are :-
- The LF Contest Cumulative Trophy for Fixed/Portable UK Single Operator Stations
- The LF Contest Cumulative Trophy for Mobile UK Stations
For a cumulative trophy to be awarded a station must have entered more than one contest for that trophy.
Contest Check Sheet (ZIP)
Contest Summary Sheet (ZIP)
Contest Log Sheet (ZIP)
Mobile Contest Check Sheet (ZIP)
Mobile Contest Log Sheet (ZIP)
WabCon W.A.B. Contest Logging Utility
Back To Index