Due to my wife becoming ill in the early hours of this morning, and in line with medical advice provided, we will not to travelling to Kintyre this weekend.
I will be in the south Kintyre area of Argyll over the weekend 1&2 October 2022.
My intention to try an activation from the Mull of Kintyre lighthouse (A4272) in NR50 on Saturday 1 October 2022 from approximately 1400 hrs (local) (+/- 15mins) QRP on 7.160mhz +/- and 14.265mhz +/-, The forecast at present is rain. As an alternative, I will activate from the car park in NR60 if the weather proves to be prohibitively inclement.
On Sunday 2 October 2022, I'm hoping to be able to be active from the Trig Point (TP4120) on Davaar Island in NR72. Access to the Island is via a causeway with low tide being at 1030 hrs (local). It is my plan to be active as close as possible from 1100 hrs (local) again QRP on 7.160mhz +/- and 14.265mhz +/-. The forecast at present is dry. Because access to the island is governed by the tide times I will not be hanging around 30 minutes maximum I expect.
Depending on family commitments and if there is sufficient demand I may be able to a quick activation from the car park which is situated in NR71, let me know on the day.
Can someone let Peter (MM3PDM) know?