A Very messy net Today

General W.A.B. Discussion
G0FEX

A Very messy net Today

Post by G0FEX »

Hi Guys
I was not an the net for most of the day today, but from what I was listening to and heard, it sounded to me,very messy, most on the net knows how it runs, but , but they do still keep talking over the person that is giving them a signal report, please listen & wait for your contact to finish & then go back to them, if you do this then it will save time and give others the opportunity to work the same station.
I find quite a lot of regulars on the net do not really know who they are working, when it comes to their turn, again please listen and once you have worked the station please remember who you pass it on to, I know I am also guilty of this at times, but if everyone knows what is going on then all should run smoothly.
Regards Ken G0FEX
g3xkt

Re: A Very messy net Today

Post by g3xkt »

Hi Ken & others

I think that the reason that operators talk over stations giving them a signal report is quite often that they cannot hear the other station and just have to guess when he is finished. Not everybody has as good a receiving capability as you Ken. In these cases the net controller should indicate when a stations over is finished.

73, Tony, G3XKT
G0FEX

Post by G0FEX »

Hi Tony And any others
I do agree with you Tony, I am very fortunate with my location, but the main problem is stations listening for their reports, do not let the sending station finish, & start going back to them, I know as you say they are perhaps not receiving the sending station, but it seems to be the norm, to reply as soon as they hear a report, even though the sending station is still talking.
Most of the time if I do net control, I do say over once the sending station has stopped transmitting.
Regards Ken G0FEX 8-)
2E0FVL

Post by 2E0FVL »

Excited kids, is what it sounds like at times, I got my present I don't care what happens now!!
Too many assume that the signal report is the end of the over.
And if Ken is running the net listen for the 'over' from Ken it will work if you let it!!
You may not hear me but I do a lot of listening while I'm working and don't have time to join in, also I'm not competitive so don't want to fill a book a day or year come to that!!
Just my thoughts! :)
Pete - Previous QRM as M6PAP ;-)
RNLI Boathouse Attendant Selsey