CANCELLED - activations in the South Kintyre
Due to my wife becoming ill in the early hours of this morning, and in line with medical advice provided, we will not to travelling to Kintyre this weekend.
I will be in the south Kintyre area of Argyll over the weekend 1&2 October 2022.
My intention to try an activation from the Mull of Kintyre lighthouse (A4272) in NR50 on Saturday 1 October 2022 from approximately 1400 hrs (local) (+/- 15mins) QRP on 7.160mhz +/- and 14.265mhz +/-, The forecast at present is rain. As an alternative, I will activate from the car park in NR60 if the weather proves to be prohibitively inclement.
On Sunday 2 October 2022, I'm hoping to be able to be active from the Trig Point (TP4120) on Davaar Island in NR72. Access to the Island is via a causeway with low tide being at 1030 hrs (local). It is my plan to be active as close as possible from 1100 hrs (local) again QRP on 7.160mhz +/- and 14.265mhz +/-. The forecast at present is dry. Because access to the island is governed by the tide times I will not be hanging around 30 minutes maximum I expect.
Depending on family commitments and if there is sufficient demand I may be able to a quick activation from the car park which is situated in NR71, let me know on the day.
Can someone let Peter (MM3PDM) know?