NET Disharmony FB Post

W.A.B. On Air Activity/Contests
Paul.m1aib

NET Disharmony FB Post

Post by Paul.m1aib »

For the benefit of those who do not do social media, the following was posted by me earlier today on the group FB page.

News is reaching me this morning of even more disharmony and discord on the WAB Net.
As mentioned in another post yesterday there will be a full communication from the group in due course via the Website and Newsletter.
In the meantime can we be very, very, clear. Whilst "To assist others" may be the WAB motto, it does not justify in any way, "helping" or butting in or commenting out of turn during a run down. If you have something to say or add, wait for the appropriate time at the end of a run. This applies whether you are at times a net controller or a committee member.
In a busy net, during a run down, if squares or call signs are in doubt, that can wait until the appropriate time to sort out, so long as the exchange is correct, sort everything else at the end of the run, if the exchange is incorrect, let the net controller do their job, or again wait for the appropriate time if you feel they've missed something.
Finally, if you feel the need to to complain and feel action needs to be taken, then please in writing direct to the President or Hon. Secretary. Even if it is about a committee member...... unless it's me, in which case.......
We're supposed to be a friendly bunch, let's try and keep that way, if you can't play nice, perhaps best to not play at all, if it winds you up too much, deep breath, switch off, walk away for a while....