Introduction & WAB Logging software question

General W.A.B. Discussion
Dave G0VTU

Introduction & WAB Logging software question

Post by Dave G0VTU »

Hi all, I'm Dave G0VTU, located in Tamworth, Staffs, WAB Square SK20...book number 21431 . Sorry to ask a dumb question as WAB is all new to me, although I have been listening often on 7.160 most days and getting the hang of it. Can I ask how people log contacts, worked squares and book numbers?. I've been looking around for logging software specifically for WAB use but to no avail. I do use HRD with the logging program, but I don't think there are areas where you can specifically add Squares and book numbers. Any help greatfully received.

Best 73

Dave
M0NBK

Re: Introduction & WAB Logging software question

Post by M0NBK »

Try

http://g8put.com/

Gareth
M0NBK
G4NVB

Post by G4NVB »

Dave G0VTU wrote: I've been looking around for logging software specifically for WAB use but to no avail. I do use HRD with the logging program, but I don't think there are areas where you can specifically add Squares and book numbers.
There is an "Award Scheme" option available in HRD that will do WAB Small & Large Squares (and WAI) but I doubt it would be possible to add book numbers very easily. I've become disillusioned with proprietary LogBooks and have started to write my own Log Book / WAB Awards Program. The G8PUT Logbook is probably your best bet, but my view is that it is very much a "work in progress" item; at £20 maybe worth a try?
Regards,

David - G4NVB
Dave G0VTU

Post by Dave G0VTU »

Thanks guys, I have purchased the G8PUT logbook a couple of days ago, but still waiting for the registration code at the moment.

Regards

Dave
G4NVB

Post by G4NVB »

Dave G0VTU wrote:Thanks guys, I have purchased the G8PUT logbook a couple of days ago, but still waiting for the registration code at the moment.

Regards

Dave
Please report back and let us know how you get on with the Software.
Regards,

David - G4NVB