Work All Britain Locator App

General W.A.B. Discussion
2E1IIP

Work All Britain Locator App

Post by 2E1IIP »

Chaps, I have wrote an application that will calculate your WAB locator using a valid UK post code, the application requires an active internet connection for data retrieval and will not work off-line.

You can download and use the application free of charge, please report any bugs or suggestions for improvement.
http://www.2e1iip.co.uk/pages/downloads.php

Hope this is of some use.

Regards

Rob.
G1YBB

Re: Work All Britain Locator App

Post by G1YBB »

thought you might have a reply within 9 months after that work :)

My only thoughts are the postcode is not that accurate. I have just literally been playing with some cool map utils posted here, and I notice my house is right on the cusp of a main square ( SO43/SO53).
My house falls within SO43, but my gate does not. A house a few doors down (same postcode) actually is in SO53.

That said, good work, and mostly is should be pretty good.
2E1IIP

Post by 2E1IIP »

Hi Steve thanks for the note, sorry for the late reply and thanks for the feedback on the software.

Regards

Rob.
G4YYB

Post by G4YYB »

I use OS GB 250 on my iPhone when out mobile gives me locator to 10 numbers ie SD 67434 13455 and works oh the gps in the phone. And to find trig points I use OS maps on my phone put trig point locator in search and it directs me there. Just getting back into WAB after years away used to do a lot on 80M and 2M mobile back in the 80s and 90s. Enjoying 40M mobile and portable mobile I have a FT 100D and an atas 100 and potable I have an atas 25 and a FT 897 soon to be changed for an FT 991. I also try and have aprs running when on my longer trips on a Thursday so if you require any squares I am near on a Thursday please let me know either on air or via email at g4yyb@icloud.com thanks and regards all Ernie G4YYB