WAB LF CONTEST, COMMENTS ON.

Items of W.A.B. News
g3xkt

WAB LF CONTEST, COMMENTS ON.

Post by g3xkt »

Hi All

I was pleased to read all your comments on the recent LF contest, at least it shows that there is still some interest in WAB contesting. I have already had more entries to this contest than we have had since 2010 although I like to think that this may be due to my pep talk in the last Newsletter HI. I am not going to give any results away yet but but I can say that there has been a lot of entries with scores of over 10,000. The longish skip conditions did tend to favour the far flung stations especially in the south but some home county stations did very well. We do of course listen to your suggestions and will consider a change of date, but I think that I agree with Damian when he say's that you can get bad conditions any time of the year. One thing that surprised me slightly was that not a single contact had been recorded on 80m by anyone in the contest,
Anyway thank you all for your entries and and your comments on this forum and remember you have still got until next Sunday to send me your entry, if you have not already done so.

73, Tony Beardsley, WAB Contest Manager G3XKT

Private messageTop
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quick ReplySubject: Hide Quick Reply
DamianM0BKV

Re: WAB LF CONTEST, COMMENTS ON.

Post by DamianM0BKV »

Congratulations John AJH on the massive score in the LF contest and winning it on a day when conditions were reported by most as 'not so good' only David KVJ got anywhere near.
Also well done Andrew for going mobile although not really the day for a mobile operation.
G1PIE

Re: WAB LF CONTEST, COMMENTS ON.

Post by G1PIE »

Well done to all.
mark.
RSGB,RAOTA,WAB, DMC, EPC.