Future of this Forum

General W.A.B. Discussion
g0akh
Site Admin

Future of this Forum

Post by g0akh »

With increased use of Social Media (Facebook, Yahoo reflector, WABReporter etc.) this forum is seeing less and less activity. Do you want it to continue, or should it be retired?

Discussion over to you...!

Thanks and 73,
Kev G0AKH
Kev, G0AKH
G7afm

Re: Future of this Forum

Post by G7afm »

I see that this is getting very little use i for one don,t do facebook or any other social media,
So rely on this and the reporter for upcoming activity i try to remember to post my activity on here.(do forget occasionally)
so i would like to see it remain but if it costs to much to maintain compared to usage it would be better to retire.
daffyd

Post by daffyd »

As discussed at the AGM, there are so many alternatives on social media (which I am not a fan of) for years my password did not work on here, and I constantly had to change it, but now it seems ok ?
Maybe reminders now and again, about the forum, and its benefits would prompt more use, I certainly post any planned activity on here !!

DAVID
G0FVH.
g0akh
Site Admin

Post by g0akh »

Fortunately the forum doesn't require much administration (except manually blocking all the attempted signups from spam activity), and it isn't an additional financial burden, but it would be nice to see it get a little more activity.

73 de Kev G0AKH
Kev, G0AKH
G4HDS

Post by G4HDS »

I think perhaps people are tending towards being lazy, and therefore look to systems which deliver information to them via various social media systems. The idea of this forum as a dedicated "information hub" has much to recomend it.

Currently Yahoo, for me at least ! Is often slow to deliver activation news.

So I'd suggest keeping up the good work here, What is it they say "Build it and they will come"

Both this forum and the WAB Reporter seem to offer great possibility.

ok I hope no-one minds me passing comment, as I'm not yet a full "WABIT" WAB member.

But I am getting there slowly. :D

73 Paul G4HDS ( NY89 )