Unactivated WAB Squares List?

General W.A.B. Discussion
MM0IMC

Unactivated WAB Squares List?

Post by MM0IMC »

Hi folks,

I'm sure that I recently came across a list of unactivated WAB Squares List, but can't find it. Has anyone any ideas? :?

Ian - MM0IMC.
G1PIE

Re: Unactivated WAB Squares List?

Post by G1PIE »

hello ian.
A lot of nothern scotland for me off the beaten track the more remote the better.
that includes the remote islands
mark
RSGB,RAOTA,WAB, DMC, EPC.
GM3ALZ

Post by GM3ALZ »

As new boy on the block this interests me too. I am often on the west coast of Scotland canoeing in remote lochs and would find such a list very interesting
M6ADB

Post by M6ADB »

The list is available on the Yahoo group under Files

It dates from 2007 so most have been activated - however, every square is new to a newbie!!
Andrew Banks
2E0GFF ex-M6ADB
Farnborough [WAB: SU85]
WAI #522 RSARS #4191
g4iar

Post by g4iar »

Just to resurrect this one, the xls file in the file section of the reflector was actually updated in May this year, it may be slightly out of date as I know one or two were activated on the inner Hebrides by GM6MML, I will have to check up.

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/work ... nactivated

Basically though, the ones not activated since 2009 are in very remote places requiring /P operation, mostly on outlying islands.

However, as has been said, there's new people coming into WAB all the time and a lot will need any square, indeed many of the old hands will need them as a lot will have been activated only once, by a certain station who was very enthusiastic about activating the squares when we introduce the new scheme!

Dave, G4IAR, Awards Manager