Net Control

W.A.B. On Air Activity/Contests
G4NVB

Re: Net Control

Post by G4NVB »

DamianM0BKV wrote:David - didn't mean to upset you. I'm sure you''ll be welcome whatever way you collect squares.
Damian,
No offence taken; I was merely pointing out that this issue is more than just a "bad day at the office".
Regards,

David - G4NVB
G4NVB

Post by G4NVB »

G4NQX wrote:Net control is difficult and there's a need to listen out more. I'm in agreement with Ken, too many decide to leave for lunch etc and just return to the list.
If a station signs out for lunch, then on their return, it's the bottom of the list. No problem with that.
G4NQX wrote:There is also the awkward moment type of miss, the door rings, the phone rings, etc etc. It's so hard to know as a controller what is best to do. However, there are guidelines to follow and two calls is usually enough to cope with in a busy net.
Again, no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is "I will not tolerate, people that say do not keep me on, or say I will call in if I require a square" As I have said above, my 'modus operandi' is such that I am unable to sit listening / operating on 7.160 24/7.
G4NQX wrote: I'm no longer active on the net and square collecting. I left the Yahoo reflector after some comments from other members.
I am sorry to hear you are no longer participating in the WAB Nets, it is a great shame that members are being driven away; not in the spirit of Amateur Radio or WAB.
Regards,

David - G4NVB
G0FEX

Post by G0FEX »

Moaning & Groaning
Well it seems that my comments have woken you all up,, I am not moaning or groaning about net control, but if you have done it in the past then do it again, irrespective of how many hours/days or whatever you have done in the past.
My main bone of contention is why do you not pick it up when a controller says they are going off to do whatever, I enjoy net control, I do appreciate that some on the net have limited time due to work commitments etc, I respect this but some on the net that say do not keep me on a daily basis, are a pain in the proverbial, and as has been said make a controllers job a nightmare, I am not trying to create problems or whatever, but and a big but those that have done net control in the past help us out guys, it seems to be the same people doing control all the time, so easy to sit back & let someone else do the work, we all want to collect squares etc, but come on guys do your share.
As you will have read in various postings on the reflector, there have been a lot of very rude and uncalled for comments directed at individual members that are activating squares/trigs etc, fortunately not on the forum but on the refelector, which is supposed to be only for forthcoming activations etc, I suppose people post things on the reflector to try & get maximum effect,a bit childish in my view.
But this seems to be the way of the world, just for your information I am not registered on the reflector, mainly for this reason, cannot be doing with it.
If we all do our bit we can hopefully get back to doing what we enjoy.
73's Ken G0FEX
jonm0hem

Post by jonm0hem »

W.A.B. aims to create more activity on the air by British amateurs and in doing so create friendships within the country and overseas.

W.A.B. aims to improve and expand geographical knowledge of Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the Channel Isles.

keep :D it all meant to be fun i hope