Sapphie Award 2m SSB

W.A.B. On Air Activity/Contests
G8XTJ

Sapphie Award 2m SSB

Post by G8XTJ »

I shall be trying for this award. The best bet is the 2m activity contests on the first Tuesday of each month from 2000 to 2230 clock time but I shall not be on tonight. In addition I am on in major contests and watch the SOTA reflector..
Otherwise I call at 2030 clock on Friday and 1030 clock on Sunday on the WAB frequency 144.345MHZ with 100 watts to a horizontal beam.

As usual I will appear on the HF nets from time to time to give away points though I do not really collect on HF and would be delighted if any HF collectors can reciprocate.
John G8XTJ
johnG0GWK

Re: Sapphie Award 2m SSB

Post by johnG0GWK »

John.
I hope to collect on 2m (also 70cm and 6m), but Friday evenings and Sunday mornings are generally out for me.
Would other days/times be possible for other WABers?
John. G0GWK
g0gdu

Re: Sapphie Award 2m SSB

Post by g0gdu »

Hi John

I'm not intending to collect on 2m but being presently QRV on 2m I'm oeoared to give SK64 away to anyone who requires it. I now that with what equipment I currently have available I am able to contact yourself as well as Graham (G4JZF) and Roger (G0TRB).

I will endeavour to try to call into the 2m nets on Friday and Sunday and would suggest that if anyone calls into the nets and needs SK64 then you could suggest that they beam towards IO93MA (it would help if I also knew their IARU locator so that I could beam in their direction).

I hope to be taking part in the RSGB 144MHz UKAC contests on the first Tuesday of each month.

I am also prepared to come on at other times away from the WAB 2m nets and would suggest that anyone who wants to work me in SK64 could arrange a sked by emailing me with proposed times and their IARU locator.

John (G0GDU / G6NUM)