WAB Nets

Items of W.A.B. News
G0FEX

WAB Nets

Post by G0FEX »

Yesterday I called in on the net, mainly to try and catch Steve G4HPE/M in a new square for me for this year, unfortunately I was not heard/or ignored, I did the same again today and was not heard/ or ignored yet again, there were two different net controllers on each day, not very good, everyone seems to be grabbing everything that came available & ignoring anyone that tried to call in until it suited them.
Ken G0FEX :twisted:
2E0FVL

Re: WAB Nets

Post by 2E0FVL »

We at GB2CPM Amberley Museum yesterday at about 12:00 local could hear at least three QSO's at the same time on 7.160.
This is not the first time this has happened, if we can hear them down in our pit then I'm sure others should be able to hear as well.
We like to use WAB to demonstrate ham radio as normally there are steady transmissions to give the public something to listen to, but a few times lately it's been a mess.
Come on guys sort it out, we have had some very good QSO's lately on 40 while some of you seem to struggle, last Wednesday 25th 30 QSO's (not WAB but close to 7.160) only 4 were not genuine 5/9 signals!!
Some equipment maintenance needed in places maybe :?: :?:
Pete - Previous QRM as M6PAP ;-)
RNLI Boathouse Attendant Selsey
g4iar

Re: WAB Nets

Post by g4iar »

Can't explain Ken's problems, but regarding your comments Pete, you really do have to take into account the current instability in the band.

Holding a net of many stations at many different distances, is a far different matter to having a one to one QSO with a station that has called you. If there were several QSO's going on at the same time, then pound to a penny it was simply the fact that they could not hear the other QSOs.

Yes, there have been some good times of 40m of late, but the band can just go in a matter of seconds and you need to take this into account, rather than point the finger at poor operating and faulty equipment.

73, Dave, G4IAR